Do You Have An Ear To Listen?



            Over the past two months, all of my friends have been calling and texting me in reference to their problems, and always left out the part about me and how life has been treating me. Are you that person? Well, I have been that person for the last two months and it is draining all of my energy. So I sat with a co-worker for some advice. Before informing her on my problems, I already had it sat in my mind that  I didn’t want to end any of my friendships with my girls, because I loved them, but did want them to stop calling me with the same problems over and over again. We met one day and she couldn’t believe it. It was like I was living the life of a Relationship Therapist, but one who in the end had nothing left to offer. I never realized how much of an effect my girls had on my life. I mean after sitting back and re-examining events, I could see why me and my boyfriend have been getting in argument after argument and not even over things related to us, but the fact that I have been spending so much of my time with them and not with family and him. I mean seriously, my friends have taken me out of my element, have placed me in situations that I would have never been in, if it wasn’t for them, have created long nights for me, endless sleepovers, headaches, and stress, as well as placing holes in my pockets, because they always want to go out and discuss their problems. If you or someone you know sounds like myself you should inform them to do the following. One; it is okay to say no, as long as you do it assertively. Two; never step out of your character or element because once you do, your friends will take it for granted, and expect you to do it on numerous occasions. Three; don’t answer their phone calls or texts, especially if it’s about the same situations, and they’ll eventually get the picture. Four; don’t feel like you’re being a bad friend, just look at it as making your friendships healthier for you and your friend. Now that you have those four easy steps on how to “not let your friends drag you down,” I hope you’ll have some success, because they have definitely helped me. Thanks ladies

Written by: LaToya Rippy


Comments

Popular Posts